Prep the ingredients
- Cut off the tops of the green peppers and scoop out the seeds to make a hollow in each. Reserve the tops.
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Put the coriander and cumin seeds in a small frypan and roast over medium heat until the spices are fragrant and change color slightly. When cool, grind coarsely in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle and keep aside.
- Boil the potatoes until soft. Peel and mash them roughly.
Make the potato filling
- Heat the cooking oil in a frypan or skillet and add the chopped onions and garlic. Fry on medium heat until the onions just start browning.
- Add the coriander and cumin mix, followed by the red chilli powder, amchur, garam masala, and salt. Fry for a couple of seconds only making sure the spices don't burn.
- Add the potatoes and mix well with the spices. Fry for 4-5 minutes and remove from the hob. Let the potato mixture cool down.
Stuff and bake the peppers
- Preheat the oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
- Fill each pepper with the potatoes and replace the tops. Arrange the peppers on a baking tray and brush the tops and sides with oil.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Optional: if you want the tops of the peppers to brown, press 'broil' (high) and allow the peppers to acquire a slight char. Remove from the oven after two minutes.
- The bell peppers are ready to be served with some bread of your choice.