Preparation (5 minutes)
- Rinse the rice in a colander until the water runs clear. Drain and soak it in 1.25 cups water.
- Grate the ginger.
Cooking (20 minutes including pressure release time)
- Turn the instant pot to saute and when the display shows HOT, add the oil. Tip in the mustard seeds, peanuts, chana dal and urad dal.
- After 30 seconds, add grated ginger, green chillies, curry leaves, turmeric and half cup water. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and the water in which it was soaked, lemon juice and salt. Mix everything with a spoon and cancel the saute mode.
- Close the lid, turn the steam release handle to sealing and press the pressure cooking button. Set the timer to 4 minutes. When the timer beeps, wait for 10 minutes, then release pressure and open the pot. Perfectly steamed lemon rice is ready to be served.