Here are 30 plus instant pot Indian vegetarian recipes that you can choose from to make your next healthy (and delicious) meal. This collection includes main dishes, sides, and some rice recipes for variety. Mix and match to your heart's content to come up with meal combos that work for you and your family!
Indian vegetarian recipes are generally quite wholesome as they are made with fresh produce, aromatics like onion, ginger and garlic, and of course, a few basic spices. Most of them are easy to make (thanks to the instant pot) and not intimidating at all. You'll find a lot of naturally dairy-free, gluten-free (except for the whole wheat naan), and vegan recipes in this post, so if you are on any of these diets, you have a lot of recipes to pick from!
This post will also remain a work in progress as I'll be adding more recipes to it periodically. I'm hoping that it will become your go-to resource for Indian vegetarian recipes made in the instant pot.
A complete Indian meal consists of a main dish, usually a curry or a sabzi (a kind of 'dry' curry) along with some flatbread and/or rice. The main dish can also be a solo affair, for example, a pulao or biryani. Here are a few combinations which you can plan for in advance to make meal times stress-free.
- Aloo gobi + whole masoor dal + zeera rice
- Mushroom masala + zeera rice
- Palak paneer + dal makhani + whole wheat naan
- Rajma masala + brown rice (both can be cooked together pot-in-pot since the cooking times are similar)
- Butternut squash and chickpea curry + brown rice
- Paneer butter masala + whole wheat naan
- Paneer kali mirch + maash dal + whole wheat naan
- Egg curry + zeera rice
- Chana dal + zeera rice
These are only a few possibilities! You can go with any combination that catches your fancy and get going.