Out of ideas for what to serve with chicken curry? Here's a collection of the best side dishes to choose from when chicken curry is on the menu for dinner.
A good chicken curry is quite a delight, but it can quickly get boring if you don't have the right side dishes to go with it. If you are having your fix of curry with the same old store-bought naan every single time, it's time to bring switch things up! Add some excitement to your meals with these delicious sides. Some are very simple, some a little elaborate, but all of them taste great with chicken.
In this post, I'm sharing the best side dishes for chicken curry. Most are tried and tested recipes from my blog, but I've also included a few from some blogger friends of mine. From Indian breads and rice dishes to lentils and salads, I've got you covered!
Lentils and Vegetables
Yogurt and Raita
Chicken Curry Recipes
Want some great chicken curry recipes to go with these sides? Check out these recipes.
- Chicken Korma - This is an authentic chicken korma recipe straight from my mother and grandmother's kitchen! Tender cuts of bone-in chicken are cooked in a rich and sumptuous sauce made with fried onions, yogurt, whole spices and ground almonds.
- Karahi Chicken - A pleasing curry from the subcontinent that you will love. Made with a few readily available ingredients like tomatoes, ginger, and green chillies, it is simple enough to make on a weekday.
- Palak Chicken - Tender pieces of boneless chicken breast and spinach leaves simmered in an onion-tomato gravy made creamy with cashews. This is the best of North Indian chicken recipes and a foodie's dream come true!
- Achari Chicken - Achari chicken or achari murgh is a bold and spicy chicken curry made in Indian pickling spices.
- Madras Chicken - Chicken Madras is a hot and vibrant but easy chicken curry recipe. It's got sweet and sour flavors happening in the background, thanks to all the tomatoes and a sprinkling of lemon juice and sugar. Deeply flavoured with spices, this is an Indian curry you can't miss!