Green Chutney Sandwiches
These easy and tasty green chutney sandwiches are made with fresh cilantro, mint, butter and potato slices. Yum!
Servings 6 sandwiches
For the chutney:
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves washed
- ½ bunch mint leaves washed
- 1 tomato small
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 green chillies
- ½ teaspoon salt adjust to taste
For the sandwiches:
- 12 slices white bread sides cut off, can be subbed with brown bread
- 2 potatoes medium, boiled, peeled and cut into thick slices
- butter as needed
- black pepper as needed
Spread butter on one slice of bread and layer with a few potato slices. Sprinkle a little salt and black pepper on top.
Spread a thick layer of chutney on another slice and place it on the first slice to make a sandwich.
Repeat with the remaining bread and store the left-over chutney in the fridge.
- Add some cheese, lettuce or sliced tomatoes to the sandwiches if you want a more filling snack.
- Do make sure the chutney is not runny or the sandwiches will become soggy.
- Store the left-over green chutney in a sealed glass bottle in the refrigerator. This chutney lasts upto a week in the fridge.
- You can make these sandwiches with brown or wholemeal bread too.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 488mg | Potassium: 419mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 277IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 2mg